astro is a simple space shooter inspired by oldie Atari Asteroids console video game.
It is recommended to use fullscreen mode.
How to play
- You control a ship which flies in space.
- Avoid asteroids, enemy shots and enemies themselves which cause destruction of your ship.
- Shooting asteroids, enemy ships, bombs, etc. gives you points.
- Shooting decreases your energy which, in turn, slows down further shooting and ship moving.
- Pick up the "E" bonus to charge ship energy.
- Pick up the "S" bonus to activate shield of the ship for 10 seconds. The shield protects the ship from destruction.
- Pick up "life" (small ship) bonus giving you extra life.
- Pick up "ship upgrade" (ship of another shape) bonus which makes energy of your ship more durable.
- Arrows / WASD - moving and rotation
- Z / Shift - shooting
- Space - pause/unpause
- F4 / T - game settings
- Enter - return from settings to game
- M - switching music on/off
- Mouse move - ship's rotation follows the mouse pointer
- LMB - shooting
- RMB - moves ship towards the mouse pointer (it stops in a short distance from it)
DualShock 4 gamepad (Windows button mapping):
- Left / right analox X axis - rotate left/right
- DPAD up / triangle button- move forward
- DPAD down / cross button - move backward
- L2 / R2 - shooting
Note: I prefer mouse because it provides the most responsive control and the most precise shooting.
Click download now to get access to the following files:
- astro v1.1 released 36 days ago
Leave a comment
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.